Join the wanderlusters of the world and have the travel life that you’ve alway dreamed of with these 5 top notch tips!
Tired of always seeing other people go on several trips a year while you’re at home watching the women from Real Housewives of Atlanta arguing in Los Cabo, or Jamaica, or wherever they are arguing while on a beautiful vacation. 🙁 Join the wanderlusters of the world and have the travel life that you’ve alway dreamed of!
This is definitely a post that you will want to Bookmark and save to come back to later, because it’s packed with super helpful information, a ton of links and helpful tips.
Funny, Witty, Knowledgeable, Helpful and Cute are a few words I would use to describe Amber; who is a Travel Guru and contributor to The Culture Supplier. I had the pleasure of meeting her though a friend that came to the first event I ever hosted for Because Women Love Brunch. Megan! Hey Megs, thanks for the intro! 🙂
Because Women Love Brunch had the opportunity to host Amber as a panelist for our Girl Talk: Catch Flights Not Feelings at Brunch and Bubbly in Dallas, TX a few weeks ago! Here are 5 top notch travel tips Amber provided:
1. FLYING FOR THE LOW-LOW
- Google Flights
- Hopper (sends travel notifications/updates to phone)
- The Flight Deal
- Airfare Watchdog
- Be flexible with your dates. If you have the flexibility to move your travel dates, DO IT! I saved $500+ by simply moving the date I traveled.
- Don’t be afraid to depart from other cities. If you see a deal from another state/city, it may be cheaper to book a flight from there.
- Don’t procrastinate. Deals book quickly. If you see a deal, grab it as soon as possible!
3. HELP! MY FRIENDS WON’T TRAVEL WITH ME
If you’re having problems securing travel arrangements with your friends (because we’ve all been there), I suggest embarking on a solo trip and/or joining a travel group. A few groups include:
- We Go Too World
- Tastemakers Africa
- Black Girls Travel Too
- When planning a group trip, make sure all personalities will mess well. If your best friend is Kenya Moore, I suggest leaving her behind.
- There are also numerous travel groups/chat groups that you can join. This is a great way to make connections all over the world and find people to vacation with. I’ve listed a few groups above and in the attached link. Check them out!
4. HOTEL ALTERNATIVES
Lodging can get pricey, especially if you don’t know where to look. Hotels and resorts are the most common lodging options for travelers, but there are other housing choices you may want to consider before booking a place to stay.
- Hostels (inexpensive lodging and an excellent way to meet other travelers from around the world)
- Airbnb (personal favorite)
- Couchsurfing.com (hosts provide FREE housing)
- Farmstays (free housing is provided to guest in exchange for labor on a farm).
- Read reviews and compare prices before booking accommodations.
- If you feel uncomfortable sleeping in a hostel or Airbnb, book a hotel. This is your vacation (not mine). At the end of the day, you should be 100% comfortable with the location.
I’ve connected with Amber through her Instagram and you should to! You can also reach her by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org