I had so much fun in New York City! NYFW was amazing! Man, I has business cards for my blog, I got invited to a few shows and I had a press pass for Victor Luna at Harlem Fashion Week! Y’all! Life was LIT!
Blogging for 2 years and progressing to this point has made me excited to hustle harder for something that I am passionate about, FASHION.
Last year was my first time at NYFW and my entire trip was about NYFW this time I wanted to set aside a some time to see New York and be adventurous. (you’ll see that part of my trip later in a travel post.)
It’s that weather in-between seasons at the moment that can be difficult to dress for. You’re either sweating in your fur or shivering without. Cue the duster coat! Lightweight and oversized, they’re perfect for layering over pretty much anything and add effortlessly cool vibes to any outfit.. I like mine with slip dresses and ripped jeans or dressed up with chunky boots and a mini skirt. Here’s some of my fave style inspo…
Tie Neck Duster Coat
Wrap Crop Blouse
Faux Suede Mini Skirt
TYPICAL DAY AT NYFW:
The typical day of New York Fashion Week consist of of non stop fashion shows, collection show casings, normally followed by a fashion party or dinner.
But when you are like me and you are new to the NYFW/ fashion blogger world your day consist of seeing which showings are open to the public (and actually worth your time), seeing which shows you can talk your way into, getting awesome street style shots and if you have made some good connections throughout the year attending shows that you are actually invited to.
All in all the days are long and pretty crazy! But to be around so many be people that are living out their passion is amazing! <3 The energy in NYC is unmatched and it fuels any fire that you have with in you.
I would normally write about all of the shows that I went to today at NYFW, but I have really been on a self discovery journey. Taking time to reflect on where I’ve been, where I am currently at in life, and what my goals will be for 2017.
In my reflection I thought it would be cool to share 7 fun facts about myself!
- If I am super busy I can forget to eat. If I am sad or stressed I think I deserve ice cream. Terrible I know, but what can I say?! I am a women, therefore I am allowed to be an emotional eater. 😩😂
- I was offered a job in Irvine, California right as I graduated college. I wanted to accept it soooo bad, but I was nervous to move so far away. 6 years later I moved from Dallas to San Francisco.
- 3 years ago I was let go from my job. I was so sad. I’m talking about the crying, can’t eat, and don’t want to get out of bed sad. I prayed and I truly believed that God would provide. Every time I started to stress I would play gospel music and pray continuously. The year I got fired I found a new job, worked a part time job and made more money than I had every made in a year! I haven’t looked back ever since. Glory to God. 🙏🏾
- By the time I was 20 I had graduated from a 4 year Univesary with my bachelors in Business Marketing.
- I don’t know how to fry any foods. Literally. Chicken. French Fries. Nothing. I bake or sautéed everything. 🍗🍗🍟
- I used to bite my nails since I was a kid. I just stopped about a year ago.
- I’ve traveled to 4 states by myself Flordia, California, Missouri, and New York. ✈️✈️✈️
I want to know ONE fun fact about YOU. If you like this post please like, comment, and subscribe below. 💕
Street style has more photographers lined up outside of the runway shows at NYFW than inside… Why is that? I took to the streets of New York City during FW SS16′ to get my own take on the subject at matter:
See More Street Style
Hello my loves! During my recent trip to NYFW I was chosen to do an interview for Vivala.com:
Check out my small feature on Vivala.com they picked out some awesome fashionista to interview and I was one of them. ❤️ I’m so thankful for the experience, the questions she asked really made me think!! Go check out the clip she used from my interview!
Who is She is an evolutionary segment on Sophisticated Poser where we highlight movers and shakers of our generation; pioneers of this new age world. On my recent coverage of NYFW I was jumping for joy when I found out that designer Chasity Sereal was representing none other than Houston, TX. It was only befitting that she join Karen Civil and Jessica Chinyelu in our line up of visionaries.
Get to know Chasity
Loafers, oxfords, boho dresses, wide-leg pants, and culettos: These are the trends you’ll spot on the streets of New York right now. The runways are the place to spot the upcoming trends and fashion, it’s the concret jungle outside the NYFW shows that deliver inspiration on what to wear right now.
By day 2, I had spotted a swarm of fashion’s social media stars, bloggers, and everyday janes that are gearing up for fall with jaw-dropping looks that you need to see. Trust me these looks are killer: See More Street Style
Small Boutique Fashion Week is a show and market is the premiere Fashion Week event for small-scale buyers, boutique owners, celebrity and network stylists, and members of the fashion media. Our goal is to provide designers with the most upscale and business oriented environment open to the public during New York Fashion Week. SBFW is held at the legendary Metropolitan Pavilion where designers such as Tracy Reece, Steve Madden , and Micheal Kors have debuted collection. This event has been featured in Lucky Magazine, Forbes, and is also voted one of CBS’s top open to the public NYCFW events.
Small Boutique Fashion Week at The Empire Hotel featuring Rob Ordonez: See The Show