Skinny jeans may have been kicked to the curb by its bigger better sibling wide leg jeans this season but I partnered with Blogger, Hollie of Fashions of Fancy, Photographer, Afitina and Express to not only give you the best damn guide to skinny jeans for the perfect date night with your BAE, or potential BAE. But also to do my FIRST of many GIVEAWAYS! Below you will get a chance to WIN an Express gift card to buy yourself your very own pair of perfect date night skinny jeans. In the meantime checkout ways to have your guy smitten on your next date, for sure!
Who this guide is for:
- Ladies who often have trouble pulling together the perfect outfit for date night.
- Ladies who are tired of buying new clothes every time BAE wants to take you out.
- Ladies who want to look sexy on a date without bearing it all.
- Ladies looking for new cute casual date night options.
Who can wear skinny jeans? There is a myth floating around that skinny jeans are made for ladies with great shapes and perky butts. False. Although proportional figures have the most options, you don’t need to have a picture perfect body to sport these jeans. It definitely isn’t a requirement of looking super hot on date night. Those with a tummy or full hips and thighs can offset curves with styles that have slightly roomier leg openings.
How should my skinny jeans fit? “Skinny jeans need to fit comfortably, like a second skin,” says Rosella Giuliani, Gap’s creative director. Look for soft, stretchy denim that doesn’t dig in. Beware of bunching on the calves and a creeping-down waistband.
How to wear my skinny jeans? Balance the slimness with a loose top, be it a long tunic or the layered look here. You have total shoe freedom: flats, heels, booties, boots… Your options are endless but I will give you 3 guidelines to creating a kick ass date night outfit:
- Dress for the occasion. Let location be your guide–your look should reflect your environment!
- Show some skin or keep it modest. Pick one best asset to show off and that’s it. For example: Do you have great arms? Wear a strapless top dress. Feeling bloated? Wear a tunic or flowy top. The bottom line— too much skin can actually be a turn off and look like you’re trying too hard.
- Comfort is Key. Comfort should be your first priority! The last thing you want to do is be fidgeting with your outfit—there are more important things to be thinking about!
What should you avoid pairing with you skinny jeans? 3 tips to help you avoid an outfit frenzy:
- Don’t wear tight skinny jeans and a tight or cropped t-shirt. Even if you do have the body of an Olympic athlete. Create an even balance.
- Don’t kill a great outfit just to wear a “trend”. So what Beyonce dropped an album called lemonade and single handedly brought back the color yellow. That doesn’t mean you should go out and buy a pair of yellow skinny jeans and wear them on your next date.
- Don’t wear last years skinny jeans if you’re not last years size. Your date will go a lot smoother if don’t have plummer’s crack issues. YUCK! Lol.
Is It Okay to Wear Last Year’s Skinny?
Keep jeans that are…
- Trouser cut
- Black or gray
Toss jeans that are…
- Super low-rise
- Relaxed cut
Get Hollie’s look: Top: Express Jeans: Express Bralette: Express Jacket: TopShop (sold out, similar here) Heels: Zara (old, similar here) Pins: Express Larger Ring: Harper & Jewels Smaller Ring: Amazon Bracelet: Amazon Lips: Glamsicle (Hollywood)
How do I ENTER the Contest?
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway runs until 11:59 pm.m on 8/29.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!