I wanted to share 5 Ways to Build Your Personal and Professional Brand!
Last week I had the pleasure of attending a Build Your Brand Workshop hosted by Women in Leadership and the Multi-Ethnic Leadership Community. I wanted to share some of the key points I took away from the event in hopes that it may be helpful to you:
- Decide what you want. Many people fail because they haven’t determined where they want to succeed. As soon as you decide your destination you can assess where you are and create a plan. It is okay to have detours as long as you recalculate.
- Accept who YOU are, and bring THAT to the table. Sometimes in order to achieve success we try to mirror others and it doesn’t coexist well with who you are.
- Notice what is working, but more importantly notice what is not working. And once you’ve accept what is not working be open to changing those things. Find out what is the vision for the leadership you are working with and how can you partner together?
- Be willing to change. Be open to opportunities that might not fit in the box of what your career and or life started off as.
- Enjoy serving others. Make your why about serving someone else. Find your why that is greater than you.
Remember, you have to reach out and connect with people to promote your brand. Be proud of the work that you do. Continuously create and manage your brand. Be open to take on opportunities even if they are out of your comfort zone and allow yourself to shine. Understand what your strengths are and work on them so that you may go from being good at something to becoming exceptional in certain areas.