As summer begins to shift, so should our wardrobes! I am starting to think that fashion is making me really like Fall! There are a few reasons that I am currently feeling attached to Fall, besides the fact that it means that I have survived another Texas heat it also means shorter days and longer nights, the holidays and of course fall fashion.
As we are all in the phase of throwing a sweater on in the morning and dying of a heatstroke by the time we leave work! It’s like you don’t know which weather temperature to accommodate when you are picking out your clothes for the day. We are in the transition stage of a season change. (I know it sucks!) But here are a few pointers that will help you transition your summer wardrobe into fall:
- Add a layer. Whether it’s a chunky scarf, light weight sweater, or duster adding layer is one sure way to make your maxi dresses and short sleeve shirts a little more fall.
- Work with a Fall color scheme. Use the 2015 Fall Color Report to decide which color you like best and want to stick to in order to create crisp, clean, and fresh looks as your transition into the Fall
- Change Your Shoes. Trade your strappy sandals for a pair of booties, oxfords, or pointy toes pumps for a more fall look.
- Nail Check. A marsala, nude, or grey nail polish are a great way to give your looks a more overall fall feel. Remember it’s all in the details.
- Invest in A Leather Coat. Or a statement jacket prepped and ready to wear for the first fall day, you don’t want to be caught slipping when the windy weather does finally arrive.
- Bottoms Up. If you aren’t quite ready to slip into the skinny jeans just yet try wearing tights or a black maxi skirt to pull off a more fall look.
- Pucker Up. Switching your hot pink lips stick for a wine or dark brown is a pretty simple way to give your outfits a more fall look NYX Cherry Skies Lip Suede and MAC Film Noir are my current favorites.