I was trying think of something fun for the blog and since we have been gearing up for Fall I thought it would be cool to introduce
Monotone Monday !
But FIRST let’s do a quick review on some Dos and Don’ts of Monotone styling:
• Pick a color that compliments your skin tone and know which color you want to highlight (or be the focus point). Picking the wrong color can ruin your whole look!
• Mix and match your look with varying tones (tints and shades).
• Wear your accessories in the neutral shades i.e. Black, White or Nude, or contrasting colors to break the monotony.
• Keep your makeup simple.
• Do not accessorize in the same color. That would be scary!
• Do not add too many layers while experimenting with monotone. Let’s keep the layers to a minimum. Think Kim K.
• Do not play with too many clashing textures in the look. They will just take the focus away from your awesome look!
Today’s look displays 2 of Pantone’s Top 10 Colors for Fall Fashion: Dried Herb and Oak Buff. Be sure to check out My Fall Wish List and the Top 9 Trendiest Styles for Fall as well for more Fall fashion inspiration.